US Work Visas

US Work VisasUS Work Visas

In addition to the US work visas described in more detail below, other relevant US work visa categories may include Religious Workers (R), Crewmembers (D), and Temporary Seasonal Workers (H-2B). The US work visas we handle most frequently are described below.

Australian Professional Worker (E-3): As the only US immigration lawyer based in Australia when this US work visa category was created, our Firm Principal has extensive expertise in the nuances, eligibility requirements, and processes and procedures required to successfully obtain this unique US work visa. We also have a strong record of success in explaining and satisfying the unique legal criteria for Australians sponsored by a recently-formed US company. The E-3 is the only US non-immigrant visa designed for Australians and is renewable indefinitely in 2-year increments. Learn more about the E-3 visa process.

Launching New Business Operations: Every client prefers to secure the US work visa and the ability to easily enter a foreign country prior to investing funds overseas. However, US immigration law requires you to demonstrate a substantial and irrevocable commitment of financial resources prior to issuing a visa based on substantial trade for a Treaty Trader (E-1) or an irrevocable investment in a business for a Treaty Investor (E-2) visa.

Intracompany Transferee (L) for a New Office: Based on our extensive experience and desire to satisfy clients, we typically discourage the submission of a “New Office L” visa application if other viable options exist. Schedule a consultation with our office to hear our reasons and to evaluate whether we agree that your matter qualifies as one of the exceptions.

Transferring Business Personnel: The Intracompany Transferee (L) visa is most frequently used by global corporations seeking to relocate business personnel from offices in one country to another. The US company must have an affiliate, parent, or subsidiary corporate relationship with the foreign entity; the applicant must have been working for the foreign company for at least one continuous year within the past three years. Additionally, the applicant must have been employed in a managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge capacity.

Professional Worker (H1-B): While the rest of the world is fiercely competing on an annual basis for a limited number of H-1B visas, Australians have 10,000 E-3 visas set aside specifically for them–no lottery required. We highly recommend you consider an E-3 visa if you intend to live and work in the United States.

Due to frequent changes in immigration law and procedure, the information contained in this website is given as a convenience to the general public. It does not constitute legal advice, nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice regarding your specific situation, please contact us to set up a consultation.